Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 6 Eggs
- ¼ cup Half & Half
- ½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 oz. Pancetta
- 1 Tbs Leek, diced
- 6 Asparagus Spears, top halves reserved to top, chop the rest into ½” pieces
- 2 oz. Goat Cheese (round, not pre-crumbled)
- 1 Tsp Chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Beat eggs until just combined, don’t over mix. Add half and half, salt and pepper, stir to combine and set aside.
- Add about 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil to a small skillet. Heat over medium-low. Add the pancetta and cook slowly to render the fat and brown lightly. Once pancetta starts to crisp, remove with a slotted spoon to a separate bowl. Do not wipe out the pan.
- In the same skillet, add the diced leeks and chopped asparagus spears, reserving the top pieces to lay on top later. Cook leeks and asparagus for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread the veggies evenly on the bottom of the skillet and slowly pour in the egg mixture. Add half of the pancetta, reserve the remaining for garnish.
- Allow the eggs to set on the stovetop for about 2 minutes. Turn the heat off and carefully lay the reserved asparagus tops in a pinwheel shape on top. Move the frittata to the oven, on the middle rack so that it doesn’t brown too quickly.
- Check on frittata periodically. After about 10 minutes, add a few dollops of goat cheese on top and place back in the oven for about 2 minutes to warm the cheese through.
- Sprinkle with reserved pancetta and fresh chives.