This recipe from our friends at Bon Appétit belongs in your date night repertoire. Not only are the flavors enchanting, it can be prepared completely in one pan – for instance, our new 3.5qt Essential Pan – so you can actually enjoy your company without a pile of dirty dishes looming over the evening.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cookware Needed: Hestan NanoBond 3.5qt Essential Pan
- 1/2 pound pappardelle or fettuccine
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks, white and pale greens only, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest plus more for serving
- 1 bunch arugula, thick stems trimmed, leaves torn (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces prosciutto, torn into 1-inch pieces
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving 2 cups pasta cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until softened but not browned, 5-8 minutes.
- Add pasta, chives, 2 teaspoons lemon zest, and 3/4 cup pasta cooking liquid. Cook, tossing and adding more cooking liquid by 1/4-cupfuls as needed, until a glossy sauce forms that coats pasta, about 4 minutes.
- Add arugula and 1/3 cup Parmesan, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Add prosciutto and toss again. Top pasta with more lemon zest and Parmesan.