Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 3 small or medium-small, zucchini
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 unpeeled and crushed, 1 peeled and minced<
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 Tbsp dill, minced
- 1 Tbsp mint, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Halve the zucchini lengthwise and score the flesh with a paring knife in a crosshatch pattern. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and leave for 10 minutes to drain the access moisture. Pat dry zucchini with a paper towel until completely dry.
- Heat the oil in a large Hestan NanoBond skillet until hot and shimmering. Lower the heat to medium and place the zucchini on a skillet cut side down. Fry for 7 to 8 minutes or until crispy and then turn on the other side. Add 1 clove of unpeeled crushed garlic and thyme. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the zucchini until completely soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Then remove from the heat and transfer to paper towel-lined plate to blot excess oil.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, minced garlic, herbs, black pepper, and a tiny pinch of salt.
- Arrange zucchini on a serving platter and drizzle with the yogurt dressing or serve it on the side.