Incredibly simple, yet wonderfully flavorful summer appetizer.
- 2 large slices sourdough bread, about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, sliced
- Vegetable oil oil
- Extra virgin olive oil, for serving
- Small bunch basil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat vegetable oil in a large NanoBond Skillet. Fry the bread slices on both sides until crispy and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place the fried bread on a serving plate top with a few tomato slices, basil leaves. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper