- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 strips of thick cut bacon, chopped
- 3 leeks, white & light green parts, sliced and well washed (12-14 oz)
- 4 medium yellow potatoes (skin on), washed and diced
- 6 cups of hot vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves removed (about 2 tablespoons)
- 3 Tbsp. sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. milk (or cream)
- 4 slices of crispy thick cut bacon
- Melt the butter & oil in a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat, add the bacon and onion, fry, stirring occasionally until they start to turn golden.
- Add in the leeks and potatoes, stir well, then cover and turn down the heat to low. Cook gently for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in the stock, add the rosemary and season well with salt & pepper, then bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20-25 mins until the vegetables are soft.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then blend in a food processor in batches until smooth.
- Return to the pan, pour in the sour cream & milk, stir well to combine. Taste and season if necessary. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve topped with tasty crisp bacon and enjoy with warm crusty bread on the side.